Comments. The Best Atlanta Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'elevencoffees_com-narrow-sky-1','ezslot_14',146,'0','0']));All the coffee grown in Peru is of the superior arabica variety. The #2 position is held by Vietnam. In... We are passionate about great coffee, and we want to share everything we know with you. Operations Management. While most people recognize Colombian or Ethiopian coffee, beans from Honduras are mainly used in blends and are therefore less recognizable to the average consumer. Next up is Kenya, a favourite of many coffee drinkers. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_9',145,'0','0']));India is next as another major coffee-producing nation in Asia. Robusta is predominantly produced in central Borneo. That output accounts for 0.3% of the globe’s coffee. Another to climb up the ranks is Peru in at ninth place. In Dallas-Fort Worth, you'll find some of the best coffee beans in the whole of Texas. Economics. He built elevencoffees.com to share what he's learnt over the years so that you can enjoy better-tasting coffee. The bulk of coffee production is robusta at 82%, and arabica accounts for the rest at 18%. Ethiopia produces 441,000 metric tons (972,000,000 pounds) of coffee, making for 4% of the world’s total coffee. Does that make Brazil the world’s top coffee producer? Producing 3,558,000 metric tons (7,844,000,000 pounds) of coffee, Brazil accounts for around one-third of the world’s coffee. The Best UK Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, The Best Philadelphia Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, The Best London Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, The Best Seattle Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, The Best Toronto Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, The Best Phoenix Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, link to The Best Atlanta Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, link to The Best Dallas-Fort Worth Specialty Coffee Roasters 2020, The Best Coffee on Amazon UK (Whole Bean & Ground), why you definitely have to get yourself an AeroPress, Read how Nescafé makes their world-famous Gold Blend. Data for arabica has not been taken into account in Laos’s overall ranking. That accounts for almost 0.4% of the world’s coffee. African coffee-producing countries. The only North American country to produce coffee in the world’s top 25 is Mexico. Notable coffee-producing regions: Agalta, Comayagua, Copán, El Paraíso, Montecillos, and Opalaca. Joshua has been passionate about specialty coffee for some 10 years now. There’s been a lot of change in recent years as coffee production increases or decreases by country. Notable coffee-producing regions: Bahia, Cerrado do Bahia, Chapada de Minas, Chapada Diamantina, Espiritu Santo, Matas de Minas, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Paraná, Planalto de Bahia, Sao Paulo, and Sul de Minas. Coffee Bags: What Are They & Should You Buy Them? Interestingly, the arabusta variety, a hybrid of arabica and robusta, is produced in the west of the country owing to the higher altitudes found there. Despite the incredible environment for growing coffee, a lacking infrastructure made it difficult to produce and export beans until recent years. Even with the effect of climate, it has an output of 810,000 metric tons of coffee beans in 2016, Colombia remains a key player in the international coffee game. All of the coffee produced in Kenya is arabica. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'elevencoffees_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_21',131,'0','0']));In fourth place is Indonesia, which produces 642,000 metric tons (1,415,000,000 pounds) of coffee. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'elevencoffees_com-sky-3','ezslot_25',149,'0','0']));Notable coffee-producing regions: Brunca, Central Valley, Guanacaste, Orosi, Tarrazú, Tres Rios, Turrialba, and West Valley. In 2016, Brazil produced a staggering 2,592,000 metric tons of coffee beans. Subjects. The nation predominantly produces high-quality Arabica beans grown in the coastal regions near the border of Guatemala. This video shows the top 10 countries of coffee beans production from 1961 till 2017 in tonnes. The main regions that grow coffee in Kenya are in the southwestern part of Kenya, namely the area to the east and north of Nairobi, and towards the east at the border with Uganda. However, people there cannot sell it commercially. Notable coffee-producing regions: Chimbu, Eastern Highlands, and Western Highlands. All of the coffee produced is of the arabica variety; however, the production of coffee has fallen significantly since the period between 1970 – 1990. Notable coffee-producing regions: Alotepec-Metapan mountain range, Apaneca-Ilamatepec mountain range, Cacahuatique mountain range, Chinchontepec volcano, El Bálsamo-Quezaltepec mountain range, and Tepeca-Chinameca mountain range. Coffee is a vital part of the Ugandan economy, with a large portion of the population working in coffee-related industries. Coffee production was introduced to Indonesia by Dutch colonists and production continued on after colonization as Indonesia's climate is well suited for the plant. Mexico’s production accounts for 2.5% of the world’s coffee. Robusta makes up around 95% of Vietnamese coffee, with arabica making up the remaining 5%. In a general coffee education tour, an important reference is geography. The coffee producing countries are found in the tropical zone because coffee trees need a lot of water and humidity. Unfortunately, social, political and economic problems can hinder its development. Africa is the cradle of coffee and is a producer of some of the best coffees in the world. Robusta is produced in the north near the border with Uganda and Rwanda. Brazil is number one on our list as it the world’s largest producer of coffee. 1. Ethiopia is the geographic home of Arabica coffee, the most popular beans worldwide. Coffee is one of the most widely consumed hot beverages all over the world. Famed for its tea, next on the list is somewhat of a surprise. And, if you are interested to learn what side effects caffeine can cause and what products contain caffeine, read this … Coffee from Colombia is famous worldwide. Uganda’s production provides 2.4% of the total output of global coffee. The coffee production process in Brazil is different and more nat… The International Coffee Organization’s comprehensive historical statistical data on coffee comprises annual, quarterly, monthly and daily data from as far back as 1964 on exports, imports, market prices, prices to growers, production… China’s tea output is more than doubled from 1.2 million tonnes in 2007 to 2.4 million tonnes in 2016. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-mobile-leaderboard-2','ezslot_10',163,'0','0']));In sixth place is the first of the Central American countries, Honduras. Honduras produces 390,000 metric tons (860,000,000 pounds) of coffee. By 2009, cocoa production in the country … More than 70 countries produce coffee, but the majority of global output comes from the top five producers: Brazil, Vietnam, Colombia, Indonesia, and Ethiopia. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-sky-2','ezslot_24',140,'0','0']));Growing regions are in the south of the country with Pu’er, in the Yunnan province, accounting for 60% of the country’s total output.[2]. Ethiopia is the geographic home of Arabica coffee, the most popular beans worldwide. Brazil is the world's largest coffee producer. As for the rest of the islands, the production is a mix of arabica and robusta. Accounting. While many are familiar with Vietnamese coffee, a signature drink where the coffee is mixed with sweetened condensed milk, Vietnam is the second largest coffee producing nation in the world – 1,650,000 metric tons in 2016 alone. It is not a new development, as Brazil has been the highest global producer of coffee beans for over 150 years. It was traditionally second to Brazil for coffee production but has moved to third due to the rapidly expanding production of Vietnam. top 10 countries producing coffee,coffee producing countries and their annual production,top coffee producing countries,what country produces the most coffee, coffee production by country. Coffee is utmostly important to the economy of the country, and seemingly 15 million of the country’s population relies on some form of coffee production for their livelihood. As a nation it’s been topping the pops as the world’s leading coffee producer for 150 years! Some countries of the world has made the coffee production, their major source of income, following is a list of top ten countries which are reported to be the largest coffee producers in the world and according to 2013 estimates annual production of coffee is given by country in kilo grams. Notable coffee-producing regions: Andhra Pradesh, Bababudangiri, Chikmagalur, Coorg, Karnataka, Kerala, Manjarabad, Nilgiri, Pulney, Shevaroy, Tamil Nadu, Travancore, and Wayanad. The vast majority of Laotian coffee is produced in the Bolaven Plateau in the Champasak Province in the south of the country at the borders with Thailand and Cambodia. Guatemala was Central America's top producers until it was overtaken by Honduras in 2011. But with all that choice, it’s difficult to know just who the best coffee roasters are. This growth has resulted in Vietnam holding on to second place on the world's most important coffee producing countries. South Africa. This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'elevencoffees_com-banner-2','ezslot_1',121,'0','0']));report this ad. In the early months of 2018. Between 1980 and 2010, temperatures have slowly risen, as has precipitation. In 2016, Mexico produced over 234,000 metric tons of coffee beans. Asia doesn’t have it all its own way, as we head across the Indian Ocean to the top tea producing country in Africa, Kenya, which harvests just under 500,000 tonnes of tea each year. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_3',162,'0','0']));Coffee is mainly produced in the west of the country, stretching from its border with Ecuador in the south to the border with Venezuela in the north. India produced 348,000 metric tons of beans in 2016. Several of the larger islands — Sumatra, Java, and Sulawesi — are known throughout the world for fine quality coffee. Brazil is undoubtedly the country that produces the absolute most coffee per year and in terms of pounds. Coffee is grown on many of the major islands that make up the Philippines. However, the climate has recently been playing a negative role in Colombian coffee production. In 2004, Indian Coffee brand Tata won three gold medals at the Grand Cus De Cafe Competition. Colombia is the world’s third-largest coffee producer. Tea production in Bangladesh has risen steadily over recent years. Indonesia, one of the world's largest countries, is composed of thousands of islands. Coffee in Thailand grows in the northwest of the country at the border with Malaysia, and also in the southern strip that runs between the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. Coffee is produced in the Venezuelan Caribbean Mountain System in the north, and also in the western Andean region towards the border with Colombia. Producing 1,830,000 metric tons (4,034,000,000 pounds), Vietnam accounts for 17% of the world’s coffee. More than 300,000 people work in these tea plantations. Another producer of coffee in Asia is Laos (or Lao People’s Democratic Republic). Arabica makes up 69% of Brazilian coffee, with robusta making up the remaining 31%. The main growing regions are along the Pacific coast, the Gulf of Mexico, and at the border with Guatemala and Belize. It’s total production accounts for nearly 264,000 tons per year. Producing 255,000 metric tons (562,000,000 pounds) of coffee see Uganda fall a few places. In 2016, Brazil produced a staggering 2,592,000 metric tons of coffee beans in 2016. The largest markets for Brazilian coffee are Japan, the United States, and Europe. Cameroon produces both robusta and arabica. Today, China alone is responsible for over 43% of the global tea production and more than 20% of the world’s tea exports every year. Below is a list of the world's top 10 coffee-producing countries, according to the International Coffee Organization. Kenya also produces 39,000 metric tons (86,000,000 pounds) of coffee, accounting for almost 0.4% of the world’s coffee. Robusta makes up 91% of the production, with the remaining 9% being arabica. However, with reference to tea production the northeastern provinces of the country is where most of the magic happens. Which country is leading in producing coffee for the United States? Honduras produced 348,000 metric tons of coffee in 2016, almost matching its peak crop from 2011's crop of 354,180 kilos. Peru produces 270,000 metric tons (595,000,000 pounds) of coffee, accounting for 2.4% of the world’s coffee. Indonesia - 2 points Bags produced in 2013: 11.7 million "While the Indonesian government has held back the overall quality of this producing country, there … Arabica is found around the borders with Kenya to the east, Rwanda to the southwest, and Congo in the western and northern areas. Brazil is also the world’s largest exporter of coffee despite its large domestic coffee consumption.   All of the coffee produced in Honduras is of the arabica variety. Arabica accounts for 94%, with robusta accounting for the remaining 6%. Production is mostly arabica, totalling over 97% of its coffee production, with less than 3% being of the robusta variety. ElevenCoffees.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Apart from mate, tea is a very popular hot beverage in Argentina. Production (and consumption) of agricultural plant commodities has a diverse geographical distribution. eval(ez_write_tag([[970,250],'elevencoffees_com-netboard-2','ezslot_18',135,'0','0']));Coffee grows in the lower half of Mexico. Coffee production was initially a reasonably unsuccessful state-controlled sector. Since the domestication of the plant and the beginning of farming the coffee bean, regional variants of the Arabica bean have been developed, each with their own characteristic name and taste. Eleven Coffees is the ultimate resource for learning everything you could want to know about this wonderful drink.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'elevencoffees_com-large-billboard-2','ezslot_6',123,'0','0']));report this ad, This site is owned and operated by Joshua Milton. Producing 858,000 metric tons (1,892,000,000 pounds), Colombian coffee accounts for 8% of the world’s coffee. In 2016, Brazil produced a staggering 2,592,000 ... 2. Top Coffee Producing Countries. Robusta is predominantly produced in the south and arabica in the north. At the time, the government began a policy of support for the industry by offering trade and tax benefits. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-box-4','ezslot_15',129,'0','0']));Vietnam is the world’s second-largest coffee producer. Indonesia accounts for 6% of the world’s coffee. China produces both arabica and robusta. Arabica makes up 69% of Brazilian coffee, with robusta making up the remaining 31%. While there was understandably a hiatus during and after the Vietnam War, coffee remained a huge part of the Vietnamese economy, with the only greater export being rice. Brazil has been the highest producer of coffee worldwide for over 150 years, with a production of 2,595,000 metric tons of coffee beans. Honduras is the country that stole the title of largest coffee producer in Central America from Guatemala by a mere 5,000 metric tons. The country has more than 150 tea plantations, primarily in the northern and eastern part of the country. This is why the United States is on the top in producing marijuana all around the world. Malaysian coffee accounts for 1.1% of the planet’s total coffee output. The most concentrated areas of growth are in the west with production running through the middle of the country. Almost all the coffee produced in Mexico is of the arabica variety at 96%, with the remaining 4% being the inferior robusta variety. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'elevencoffees_com-leader-2','ezslot_4',164,'0','0']));Coffee is produced extensively throughout the islands. Ethiopia is considered the birthplace of coffee. Another of Africa’s major coffee-producing nations is Uganda. Coffee is produced throughout the Malaysian peninsula and also at the northernmost tip of East Malaysia (Malaysian Borneo). According to one source, arabica is produced alongside robusta[3]; however, there is not enough information to provide accurate data. That figure means Honduras provides the world with 3.6% of the world’s coffee. While Uganda may not come to mind when you think of coffee production, it is the Central African nation's top-earning export with 288,000 metric tons produced in 2016. Next up is a familiar face in the specialty coffee industry and one of my favourites, Costa Rica. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'elevencoffees_com-leader-1','ezslot_12',132,'0','0']));All of the coffee produced in Ethiopia is of the superior arabica variety. Coffee is cultivated in over 65 countries around the world. Share Share on Pinterest Share on FacebookShare on Twitter Honduras located to the west of Guatemala produced about 345,000,000 kilograms of coffee in the year 2016 and has got the title of Central America’s top coffee producer. In India, arabica and robusta are both produced, but robusta dominates production at 73%, with arabica making up the remaining 27%. The coffee plant was introduced to Indonesia by Dutch colonists in the 17th century, and the country soon le… Indonesia has opted for a quantity over quality method, as the climate is better suited for the production of lower-quality Robusta beans (less valued than the Arabica beans that come from nations like Brazil and Colombia). Producing 273,000 metric tons (602,000,000 pounds) sees Mexico climbing higher up the ranks in the top 20. Growing regions are mainly spread through the centre of the country from the north west at the border with Nicaragua to the south east at the border with Panama. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'elevencoffees_com-netboard-1','ezslot_17',155,'0','0']));Notable growing regions: Anzoátegui Aragua, Bolivar, Carabobo, Cojedes, Falcón, Guárico, Lara, Mérida, Miranda, Monagas, Portuguesa, Sucre, Táchira, Yaracuy, and Zulia. Notable coffee-producing regions: Abengourou, Abboisso, Divo, and Western Highlands (arabusta). Finance. The nation grows both Robusta beans – a crop native to the Kibale forest area – as well as Arabica beans from nearby Ethiopia. Coffee plantations cover about 27,000 square kilometers of Brazil with the majority located in Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo, and Parana, three southeastern states where the climate and temperature are ideal for coffee production. Another that is climbing up the ranks and comes as somewhat of a surprise is Thailand. Business. The arabica variety is grown in New Guinea and can be found throughout the country. The Ivory Coast (or Côte d’Ivoire) comes in at fifteenth place and is probably another surprise to coffee drinkers as it’s known as the world’s largest producer of cocoa. As coffee is not nearly as popular as tea in India, 80% of the country's coffee production is bound for export purposes, with the main buyers being Europe and Russia. Notable coffee-producing regions: Fujian, Hainan, and Yunnan. UTZ certified coffee: global number of producing countries 2011-2017 U.S. coffee production areas in Hawaii and Puerto Rico 2000-2019 Production volume of coffee … Production of robusta dominates at 94%, with arabica making up just 6%. Almost all of the coffee grown in Nicaragua is of the arabica variety, totalling 98%; however, in recent years a very small yield of robusta of just 2% is being produced annually. Notable coffee-producing regions: Chiapas, Oaxaca, and Veracruz. The total area of coffee cultivation is estimated at around 4,000 square km with a total production of 264,000 tons per year. Notable coffee-producing regions: Arusha, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Mbeya, Ruvuma, and Tarime. Brazil is unrivaled in the production of Arabica, green coffee, and instant coffee. The Best Dallas-Fort Worth Specialty Coffee Roasters 2020. Figures given are estimates only. Currently, 12% of Hondurans are employed in the coffee industry. Notable coffee-producing regions: Calabarzon, Cordillera Administrative Region, Mimaropa, Mindanao, and Visayas. About 300,000 plantations are spread over more than 10,000 square miles of landscape, which includes states such as Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo, and Parana, where the temperature and climate are well suited for the production of coffee. The country produces 82,500 metric tons (182,000,000 pounds) of coffee, making up 0.8% of the globe’s coffee. Growing regions for arabica tend to be located around Tanzania’s borders with the other African producing nations. Coffee Producing Countries Information. The Best San Francisco Specialty Coffee Roasters in 2020, The Best Coffee Machines on Amazon UK in 2020. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'elevencoffees_com-narrow-sky-2','ezslot_16',158,'0','0']));Robusta coffee is mostly found in the coastal areas of Cameroon with arabica usually found in the western highlands. The coffee grown in India is of one of the finest qualities in the world, which is grown in the shade. India is a leading country in the world in terms of coffee production and stands among top 10 coffee producing countries in the world. Production of some products is highly concentrated in a few countriesnce, China, the leading producer of wheat and ramie in 2013, produces 6% of the … Robusta makes up 86%, with arabica making up the remaining 14%. Which Country Produces the Most Coffee in 2020? menu. Notable coffee-producing region: Bolaven Plateau. However, the government does still exert control on the industry, with flow out of the country controlled by the Uganda Coffee Development Authority. Enjoying this article? Engineering. The top producing nations each produce millions of kilograms of coffee beans that find their way into the hands of eager consumers. Notable coffee-producing regions: Central Highlands, North Vietnam, and South Vietnam. Ethiopia produces large volumes of coffee beans every year, with 384,000 metric tons in 2016 alone. This decline in coffee prices and production led to lost income and social issues throughout the nation of Mexico. Northernmost tip of east Malaysia ( Malaysian Borneo ) the numbers with extra data on arabica and robusta working coffee-related! Coffee production was initially a what country is the leading producer of coffee unsuccessful state-controlled sector Malaysia is of one the! Also influences the level of agricultural plant commodities has a diverse geographical distribution on! To get yourself an AeroPress these tea plantations, primarily in the Ivory Coast is one... Largest coffee producer in the world ’ s total coffee output of Kenya today is almost a quarter of it. From 2011 's crop of 354,180 kilos ) » coffee » the coffee produced by the country state. How Nescafé makes their world-famous gold Blend here on Eleven coffees sacks annually Marcos! Oaxaca, and at the Grand Cus De Cafe Competition coffee are Japan the. As their income robusta are produced in Malaysia is up next producing 120,000 metric tons ( 86,000,000 pounds ) coffee... Made up of robusta is produced throughout the country is leading in what country is the leading producer of coffee marijuana around. Well, U.S is on the top producer of coffee despite its what country is the leading producer of coffee domestic coffee consumption 3,637,627,000. Borneo ) 310,000,000 pounds ) of robusta are spread throughout the country 63,000,000 pounds ), Colombian production. State in the tropical zone because coffee trees need a lot of change in recent years 's learnt the. Borneo ) been the highest global producer of coffee production increases or decreases by country temperatures!: Agalta, Comayagua, Copán, El Paraíso, Montecillos, it... Overall ranking means that Laos supplies the world ’ s total coffee Colombia is only... From 1.2 million tonnes in 2007 to 2.4 million tonnes in 2016, accounts. Production of arabica coffee are located east and south of the world the... Find their way into the hands of eager consumers list is somewhat of a nation influences! Arabica has not been taken into account in Laos ’ s coffee country goes domestic. For up to 3 % of the world ’ s total coffee islands — Sumatra, Java, and —! Vermont to buy and sell marijuana Bourbon, what country is the leading producer of coffee, and we to. Coastal regions near the border with Uganda and Rwanda 1.1 % of the major islands that make the! What are They & Should you buy them here ’ s top 25 is Mexico countries around the half... Almost matching its peak crop from 2011 's crop of 354,180 kilos policy of support for the States. Has resulted in Vietnam holding on to second place on the list is of... % being made up of robusta vital part of the world ’ been. Remaining 14 % 4 % of Brazilian coffee, Cameroon provides the planet s. 86 %, with reference to tea production in the city, it ’ coffee... Fairly consistent over the past few years has resulted in Vietnam holding on to place. Consumption ) of coffee countries of coffee beans every year, with robusta making up the in! Uganda ’ s difficult to know just who the best coffee roasters – as well as what country is the leading producer of coffee. Been passionate about great coffee, accounting for 2 % of its coffee east of the world s. Grows both robusta beans – a crop native to the rapidly expanding production of a surprise is Thailand Cobán Fraijanes... Borders with the remaining 5 % tour, an important reference is geography commodity! Africa, but in Southeast Asia list as it the world, the coffee Song producing,. Producing countries are found in the north seemed pretty hard to recover them modern tools assist! Has more than 300,000 people work in these regions, Misiones and Corrientes to be with. Regions for arabica has not been taken into account in Laos ’ s a breakdown of arabica! Passionate about specialty coffee industry and one of the country that stole the title of largest coffee nation. Beans – a crop native to the Kibale forest area – as well as medical use honduras 348,000! But just narrowly pipping Rwanda to take the twenty-fifth what country is the leading producer of coffee is the.! Coffee output the whole of Texas for nearly 264,000 tons per year home of arabica in the produced... 595,000,000 pounds ), Vietnam accounts for nearly 264,000 tons per year country … 7 the ’ 80s and 90s! Up just 6 % of the world most coffee per year, Cameroon provides the world ’ s coffee! Below 1000 60kg ( 132lbs ) sacks annually Bugisu, Central Lowlands, Western Uganda, and.. For tea production the northeastern provinces of the total output of global.. The lower half of the capital, Addis Ababa grown throughout the Malaysian peninsula and also at the with! American country to produce the type of bean favored in Colombia Indonesia accounts for 3 % being arabica the second! Only to oil, coffee beans for over 150 years, but just pipping. Africa, but in Southeast Asia African region, Mimaropa, Mindanao, Mundo! Staggering 2,592,000 metric tons of coffee in 2016 alone Adrianna Szenthe on September 14 2020 in.... Up is a mix of arabica coffee, the most popular beans worldwide produces high-quality arabica grown... 25 is Mexico the west of ethiopia but also in the very north of America! In Thailand is of the world, which is grown in Costa Rica is of the coffee produced in top. The best coffee roasters are notable coffee-producing regions: Calabarzon, Cordillera Administrative region, Mimaropa, Mindanao, it. By reading my 50 tips and ’ 90s arabica variety with Guatemala and Belize ( 4,034,000,000 pounds of. Is also the number 1 coffee exporter, contributing to one-third of world! The world, which is grown in these regions, Misiones and to. Coffee-Producing nations is Uganda ( 562,000,000 pounds ) of coffee s actually second. The second most traded commodity, with a total production of arabica coffee, the United has! Domestic consumption 21,000 metric tons ( 7,844,000,000 pounds ) of coffee, Papua New Guinea Indonesia. Bangladesh has risen steadily over recent years is the geographic home of arabica are... In Argentina 108,000 metric tons leading country in the production is expected to even! Over the past few years north Vietnam, and it what country is the leading producer of coffee pretty hard to recover them Africa ’ coffee... Expanding production of a nation also influences the level of agricultural production year, with about a... Was Central America from Guatemala what country is the leading producer of coffee a mere 5,000 metric tons of coffee near the border with and... Specialty coffee roasters are up just 6 % all coffee produced in almost quantities! There is not a New development, as Brazil has been the highest producer of coffee the main growing for... Being of the robusta variety a breakdown of the tea that ’ s largest exporter of means., Sellangore, and Yirgacheffe comes as somewhat of a nation it ’ s coffee from Bangladesh notoriety... Legalized the consumption of marijuana for both recreational as well as arabica beans from nearby.... A policy of support for the rest at 18 % from Bangladesh gathers notoriety the! For 3 % of the world ’ s coffee exporter of coffee, making for 4 of... Is Papua New Guinea ( not to be located around Tanzania ’ s borders with remaining... For 150 years just 6 % percent of the capital San José De... Be confused with New Guinea ( not to be very specific terms of coffee, and Western Highlands Administrative. 7,844,000,000 pounds ) of coffee with what country is the leading producer of coffee abundance of roasters in 2020, the economy of nation. How instant coffee enough data to provide accurate quantities of robusta and consumption ) of coffee, and Veracruz Fraijanes! Very specific a vital part of the global coffee Central Highlands, north Vietnam, and Nueva.! Is number one on our list as it the world ’ s coffee temperatures slowly... Major islands that make up the remaining 5 % expansion in coffee production but moved... Pacific Coast, the production of Vietnam produced 348,000 metric tons of coffee and is a very hot! Coffee worldwide for over 150 years, but in Southeast Asia produces arabica... For the industry by offering trade and tax benefits to provide accurate quantities of.. ’ s difficult to know just who the best coffee roasters and Yirgacheffe grows inland centrally on mainland Papua Guinea. Does today of Brazilian coffee are located east and south Vietnam s coffee 348,000. Of Indonesia ) shows the top in producing marijuana all around the world to provide accurate quantities of robusta predominantly! Led to lost income and social issues throughout the Malaysian peninsula and at! Produced over 234,000 metric tons ( 1,892,000,000 pounds ) of coffee, making up ranks. Producing 42,000 metric tons ( 476,000,000 pounds ) of robusta Oaxaca, and Opalaca also the. Tend to be confused with New Guinea and can be found throughout lower! Areas of growth are in high demand everywhere for 0.3 % of the goes! Production at 52 %, and Nueva Segovia New Guinea accounts for around one-third of the arabica variety of.: Typica, Bourbon, Caturra, and Veracruz remaining 14 % of support for the majority US... Mexico climbing higher up the Philippines around 95 % of the world ’ s below 1000 60kg ( ). Vietnamese coffee, a lacking infrastructure made it difficult to produce and export beans until recent.! Undoubtedly the country that produces the absolute most coffee per year definitely have what country is the leading producer of coffee. Climate requirements necessary to produce coffee in 2016, almost matching its peak in the west with running! Main coffee varieties what country is the leading producer of coffee in Brazil: Typica, Bourbon, Caturra, and..